Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Growing Belly


My first trimester culminated with a trip back home to Pennsylvania during which time I felt the first tiny movements of our growing child.  Christmas was enchanting this year as the baby soaked in the energy of both Jack's and my loving friends and families.  We felt so blessed to be surrounded by so many gentle people and to be exposing our new child to their open arms which were patiently awaiting to shower hugs and kisses.

When I initially wrote this post, I was 19 weeks pregnant.  Currently, I am almost 23 weeks along and my belly is growing at a rapid pace.  At least, it feels rapid as I am beginning to toss a favorite shirt or pant aside for lack of a better fit.  I've been feeling the baby move around since week 13 which is apparently early, but not unheard of, for a first-time mom according to many of the health professionals with whom I've consulted.


1 comment: